Monday, June 14, 2010

Long lost no more.


List of Life. By: Felisa Hanamaikai.

I found this in my laptop! I thought it was quite inspirational [and coherent, because apparently I wrote it at 4 in the morning almost a year ago]. So, laugh, contemplate, whatevs. :]

1. Never back down from what you believe in. [whatever it may be.]
- I may not be as active in church as others [including myself] might want me to be, but I know God loves me. I believe in Him. I just need to figure out how much.

2. Never, ever walk on warm, squishy tar in high heels. You WILL regret it when you get stuck and hurt yourself/pride.
- Does this really need an explanation? :] I'm very skilled at making a fool of myself, often.

3. Stand by your friends/family. Always... and let them know how special they are to you.
- Even if it tears relationships apart. [which then you know they weren't worth it in the first place.]

4. As Miriam's late Great Grandma Twila said perfectly, "Laugh at something everyday. If you can't find something to laugh about, look in a mirror."
- What a wonderful, feisty little old lady. [Random fact: she died at 104 last week.]

5. Always be learner, and an occasional teacher.
- People learn from everyone's mistakes. Listen. Share. Still love and forgive, if deemed necessary.

6. Never give up your happiness for the sake of something silly. Like a boy. [or a girl]
- Srsly. Your happiness and worth should be your highest priority. ...I guess there is an exception if you have children, but then that should be a given.

7. Listen to Alison Krauss when you're upset.
- It's hard to be anything but relaxed when you listen to her.

8. Every once in a while, do something that makes you uncomfortable.
- Nothing too risky, but expand your horizons a little. A suggestion? Eat some octopus. :]

9. Explore other religions.
- In a class I took I learned that almost every religion has some sort of truth to it when compared to the LDS church. So, I officially dare you to read up on other sects of this world. Heck, visit a chapel, synagogue, temple, church house.. whatever tickles your fancy. You'll feel the spirit, I bet you. [just don't forget that you have the whole truth]

10. Genuinely smile at people.
It'll make you feel awesome, and probably brighten their day.

11. Meditate daily.
- Srsly. You'll feel so much better. Don't forget a pillow if you plan to mediate longer than 15 minutes, though. Your bum might hurt.




Lao Tzu Quote of the Post:

To Love someone deeply gives you strength.
Being deeply Loved by someone gives you Courage.

No comments: