So I went to a funeral this weekend while I was in Rexburg. It was for Brother Sommer, who I didn't personally know, but knew his family. he died of the same thing my mom did, liver cancer.
While I was at the funeral, I couldn't help but get choked up. I love funerals. I'm not into dead people, but I love to see all these people that come to give thanks to Heavenly Father and say, "hey. thanks for letting me know him/her, I see why you want them back." I like all the tributes to the people that passed away, and just seeing how everyone love them.
Brother Sommer seemed like an amazing man, just hearing about all the things he went through. He was very sick as a little child, so I guess it was kind of a matter of time. His family is going to go through so much this year. Kris is leaving on his mission, and the two older girls are out of the home and married. Especially holidays. Those are going to be so hard. But I believe in them, and so does God. They'll be okay. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment