Yesterday was the day my mother died nine years ago. Intense, I know. But don't fret, dear reader, this blog isn't depressing. It's so weird to me that she died that long ago, sometimes I fear that I'll forget. But I don't think it's possible. I love my mom, and she loves me and everyone else she's touched with her sweet spirit and kind demeanor. She's simply amazing. I thought about her a lot, and my sister-in-law Heather put yesterday into perspective for me. She said that the fourth of July is the best day to have had mom die, because every year, we won't forget what day it is, and we get to celebrate her life with fireworks and friends. I love it! I love the Fouth, it's an awesome holiday.
With that said, I love my friends. I went down to the Nielsen's for fireworks and it was awesome! I've never seen soo many silly/stupid/daring boys light fireworks! It was wonderful. Amber was there and I talked with her throughout the show. It was nice to be able to talk to her again, I do admit that I missed it. It'll take a while to rebuild our relationship, but I think it's possible. I hope it's possible. For the grand finale, Mark taped.. some fireworks to him. haha. He had three taped to his torso, and one in his hands. I love those boys! hahaha it was so much fun. I love hanging out with them. After the show was over, we hung out for a little and then went to Mark's [uncle's] house in Burton and made a fire. We got attacked by mosquitoes, but I liked being out there. I liked it a lot better than Ladies in White. We got back around two in the morning, and I felt completely satisfied.
All in all, my Fourth of July was amazing. I love my friends, whom I regard as family. I love my family, who are always there for me. I love my mom. Happy Days.
No comments:
Post a Comment