Sunday, September 21, 2008

Wandering thoughts

First Subject

So I've been trying to catch up on my online World Civilizations class. I'm a unit behind, and four sub-units behind. Although I am behind the rest of the class, I do love "being in school" again. I love learning.

Different Subject

I check the mail every day. I love getting mail. Especially from my dear friends who are serving missions. I've recently notice that I write letters a lot, but never send them. Why, you ask? I couldn't really tell you, it's not like the letters are super juicy with sentimental phrases and expressions of love. Maybe it's therapeutic. I like writing because I can let my mind flow the way it usually does. [Random, jumping from thought to thought with obscure and unexplainable ties to the previous one.] I think that is why a common sentence in the letters I receive from my friends is "I love your letters. You make me laugh so hard!" or something like unto that. I'm glad I can be some sort of comic relief.


So, I lost Elder Watkins' mission address. Some would think that I'm close to the family so I would be okay with giving them a call [seeing as I still have their home phone number] and asking for his address. Sometimes I feel like they still don't like who I am and what I've brought to mind in Elder Watkins and Amy. In short, his father scares me, and I feel constantly judged by Dr. Watkins. His mother is quite nice, but she's a hard person to read. Maybe it's my paranoia getting to me. All I know is that I'm glad that I'm not set on marrying him anymore. I'm glad we stopped dating, although I didn't act like I was happy about it for a long, long time. I'm happy that we're still friends, even though I find it more casual then some people think.


I hung out with Valory, Ammon and Rees last night. I love being with them. I love making new friends! I didn't really know Valory until last night, and she's so fun. I am a little sad, though, that old friends are becoming past friends. it's not really something I can control. I don't mean to lose friends, they just find other things to occupy their time with. Boyfriends, girlfriends, more friends, alcohol. Sad.

I'm going to catch up on WorldCiv now.

No comments: