The bus that I take to work is on University Ave, right by the Zion's Bank. I love walking there, because it's mostly lit by street lamps in the mornings, IE, no potentially scary people around.
I went into work this morning earlier than normal. We do this thing called Blueprint, and we switch around the clothing in our store and feature all the new product. I very much loved walking to my bus stop today, because it was quiet... dark, quiet, peaceful, cold enough to wear my peacoat. It was amazing.
This morning, there was a homeless man, sleeping on a bench. I had brought some breakfast bars with me for my early morning hunger, and I grabbed more than expected. He was sleeping, and I'm sure he sleeps there every night... I see him there most nights when I come home. Anyways, I wanted to give him one of my bars, just because I knew I wouldn't eat all of them.
So here is my dilemma. do I wake him, at 6:45am, to give him food, or do I leave him be, so he can get his blessed sleep, and have him possibly not eat anything that morning.
This has been riddling my mind since this morning.
What would you have done?
1 comment:
I would just have left a breakfast bar near him, somewhere that he would definitely see when he woke up? Maybe?
PS - I would totally recommend The Hunger Games! They are intense.
Post a Comment